In collaboration with AL!VE wellness center, September will be a month of developing healthy habits: spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
We started with a major event on Sunday, August 30th with CE providing a healthy snack coffee hour and meetings after church with instructors like a certified yoga teacher, Elissa, from Lansing. One group met with Joseph, from MSU School of Medicine, to address nutritional and other health-improvement questions. One group met with Chris, from GVSU Capoeira Mandinga, who helped develop an individualized wellness plan.
September, join friends in this congregation putting some thought & energy into your own healthy lifestyle!
Compete with other Charlotte groups for a swell prize!
Take Time for Wellness It’s as Easy as 1-2-3
- Choose a wellness behavior
- Track it for 14 days (go HERE for a Wellness Initiative Log)
- Earn a reward
- Wednesday, Sept 9th: Pre-Event: Garden Party, Barry Eaton District Health Department, 5-6:30 pm, Free.
- Saturday, Sept 12th: Kick-off: Live Life. Nspired Family 5K Run/Walk, HGB EMS Garage, 9:45 am. Free walk, paid run.
- Saturday, Sept 26th: Closing Event: Family Health & Fitness Day, AL!VE, 9 am-12 pm, Free.